Crispy crackle squares
A decadent chocolate treat, great for lunch boxes, packed with anti-oxidants and energy.
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 2 cups of rice crispies or puffed rice (use gluten free if necessary)
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 50g 71% dark chocolate ( I used Cocoafair's 71% sweetened with maltitol)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate nibs - optional (Cocoafair)
- Combine the coconut oil, maple syrup and the chocolate; melt slowly in a saucepan. Using a whisk, add the cocoa powder and mix until lovely and glossy.
- Add the rice crispies, coconut and the nibs; mix until all are nicely coated and combined.
- Line a 22cm x 22cm tin with cling film and press the mix into the dish. I like to lay a cloth onto the top and press very hard with the palm of my hand until the crackles are all firmly pressed down.
- Pop this into the freezer for about 30 minutes to harden before cutting up into squares.
- Store in the fridge.
Amanda In The Kitchen https://www.amandainthekitchen.com/