chocolate dipped marshmallows
soft, pink, powdery marshmallows dipped in 72% chocolate
- 200g water
- 500g castor sugar
- 50g glucose
- 30g gelatine
- 100g water
- 3 egg whites
- 3 drops of flavouring of your choice - coconut, rose,vanilla etc...
- 2 drops of colouring of your choice - you can add more colour if you would like a deeper colour
- Chocolate for melting and dipping
- Place the sugar and the first quantity of water in a pot with the glucose and boil till a sugar thermometer read 120 degrees.
- Place the gelatine into the second quantity of water and leave to "slake."
- Start to whisk the egg whites to a foam, adding the hot syrup in a thin stream down the the side of the mixer. The mix should become very creamy and thick.
- Melt the gelatine in the microwave or on the stove top, and add to the egg whites.
- Continue whisking until cooled slightly but still pouring consistency.
- Add the flavouring and the colour.
- Pour this into a prepared container - covered with cling film. Place a piece of greased cling film on the top of the marshmallows to stop a skin forming.
- Allow this to cool, then cut into your shapes using cornflour as a dusting on the board and cutters you are using to stop the marshmallows from sticking.
- Dip into melted chocolate of you choosing.
Amanda In The Kitchen http://www.amandainthekitchen.com/