smoked trout and cream cheese waffles - gluten free
A warm cheesy waffle topped with ribbons of smoked trout or salmon, a soft oozy poached egg and creamy herby sauce - all very good for you and gluten free.
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix
- 2¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- 75g melted butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¾ cup of milk
- 2 teaspoon french mustard
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 1 packet smoked trout or salmon if you prefer
- poached eggs to order
- 1 tub crème fraîche
- 1 small bunch of fresh chives finely diced
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients including the cheese.
- In a separate bowl combine all the remaining ingredients, whisk well.
- With a wooden spoon mix the two together until you have a sticky dough. Don't over mix.
- Make sure your waffle machine is nice and hot and if you need to spray it with a non stick do this before you turn it on.
- Place dollops of the mix into the waffle machine, usually about two tablespoons. Don't try to press the dough flat, as when you close the waffle machine it will press the dough into place and give you a nice uniform waffle.
- While the waffle is cooking prepare your crème fraîche by mixing a handful of finely chopped fresh chives into the it.
- Poach your eggs.
- Assemble by placing ribbons of smoked trout on the warm waffle followed by a soft poached egg and a good helping of crème fraîche!
- So simple and yet so delicious! You wouldn't even know it is gluten free!
- Any remaining waffle mix can be stored in a container in the fridge for about a week and used whenever you fancy a waffle! Bonus!
Amanda In The Kitchen http://www.amandainthekitchen.com/