lemon drizzle loaf gluten free
a moist, lemon flavoured cake - very refreshing
- 1 ½ cups Gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter softened.
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- ½ cup oil (recommend coconut oil)
- Lemon syrup
- 100g sugar
- 3 lemons juiced
- Lemon icing
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 – 2 tablespoons full cream milk or until you have the correct consistency
- 2 lemons juiced
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Use a mixer to blend together the eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla until they are fluffy and light. Then add the lemon extract and lemon juice.
- Pour the wet ingredient into the dry ingredients and fold until combined.
- Add the oil and fold in lightly
- Pour batter into a well greased 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking make the syrup by placing the sugar and the lemon juice in a small saucepan on the stove and bringing to a simmer until the sugar has all dissolved. Set this aside.
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven prick the surface with a toothpick and drizzle the syrup over the top.
- Allow the cake to cool.
- Make the lemon icing by combining all the icing ingredients in a small bowl with an electric mixer on low speed.
- When the loaf is cool, remove it from pan and frost the top with the icing.
- Let the icing set up before slicing if you can wait that long!
Amanda In The Kitchen http://www.amandainthekitchen.com/