Healthy chocolate brownies
Warm dairy free, gluten free and sugar free chocolate madness!
- 200g dark chocolate - I have used a combination of 85% and 99% due to soy allergies, but 70% is the norm or milk chocolate if you have too - it will however be very sweet so you might need to reduce the coconut sugar or xylitol
- 100g coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 150g coconut sugar or xylitol
- 85g nut butter of your choice, any flavour will do
- 55g tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder gluten free
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a 22x22cm tin with baking paper making sure to go up the side of the tin.
- Put the coconut oil and the chocolate in a bowl and melt in a microwave or over a simmering pot of water. Once it has melted, stir until it is lovely and smooth.
- Meanwhile put the eggs, coconut sugar and nut butter in a large bowl and beat until it is thick, frothy and light.
- Gradually add the chocolate to this. Be careful not too be too heavy handed and knock all the air out of it. Fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Poor it into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes. Check and see if ready. It should have a slight wobble to the centre. Brownies can often turn to cake if left too long. If not ready bake for a further 5 minutes but keep and eye on it.
- Allow to cool slightly in the tin before removing and slicing up.
- So good!
Amanda In The Kitchen http://www.amandainthekitchen.com/