friday fish - gluten free crumb
A crunchy tasty deep fried goujon of fish perfect for a friday quick fix meal, and the batter is gluten free.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup fine polenta flour
- ½ cup tapoica flour
- 100g crushed plain Lays chips or any gluten free potato chip
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4/5 eggs beaten
- oil for frying the fish
- hake fillets or any white fish cut into goujons/strips
- Deep fat fryer or a deep cooking pot of sunflower oil set to a temperature of 170ºC
- Mix all the fours together with the salt, making sure they are well combined. Place this in an open dish. Beat your eggs and put them into another open dish. Place your crushed Lays Chips into another dish.
- Dip your pieces of fish into the egg and then roll them into the flour. Re-dip them in the egg and then roll them into the dish of crunchy crushed chips. The chips give a wonderful crunchy element to the goujon.
- Pop a few pieces of fish into the hot oil and cook until they are golden brown, approximately 8/9 minutes.
- Lay them on a paper towel to drain when they are cooked.
- Serve with some hot chips and a lovely aoli ( homemade mayonnaise. )
- The cooking time is an estimate and is for the fish. It does not include the cooking time for chips.
Amanda In The Kitchen http://www.amandainthekitchen.com/