chilli chicken omelette
What a surprise in the flavours of this omelette. This recipe came from the June Ooh!Box and I gave it a whirl to capture on camera. It was beautifully paired with the unwooded Chardonnay from Glen Carlou. A most delicious light lunch or dinner. A low carb, gluten free recipe which more then filled the tummy! Recipe courtesy of www.bite.co.nz.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup cooked chicken (about 75-100g - I used free-range mini chicken fillets chopped in half)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- A sprinkle of your favourite chilli powder
- 2 eggs, beaten, with a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce (use tamarin sauce for the gluten free option)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ avocado, sliced, to serve
- 2 small cherry tomatoes, sliced, to serve
- Start by heating two small non- stick frying pans. In the first pan, place ½ tablespoon of the olive oil then the chicken followed by pepper and chilli powder. Stir to mix then let it cook while you get going with the egg.
- In the second pan, add the other ½ tablespoon olive oil then pour in the beaten egg. Tilt the pan so the egg evenly coats the bottom then let it cook and brown on the bottom while you finish the filling. Keep the heat fairly low, but you need to get a feel for your stove and pan, checking that the egg is browning but not burning.
- Revisit the pan with the chicken, it should be hot by now. Add the soy sauce, lemon juice, tomato and mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes until soft.
- The egg should be mostly cooked but still a little runny on top. Spread the chicken mix over one half of the egg (the hot chicken will finish cooking the top of the egg), then fold the other half on top of the filling. Sprinkle with a little more pepper and chilli. Serve this on a plate with the sliced avocado and tomato.
- Eat while fresh and hot.
Amanda In The Kitchen http://www.amandainthekitchen.com/