best ever crunchies
a chocolate drizzled oat and coconut crunchy bisciut
- 200g oats
- 100g potato flour
- 100g rice flour
- 180g butter melted
- 80g desiccated coconut
- 100g muscavado sugar
- 80g brown sugar
- 200g pecan nuts chopped
- 1.5 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 20g dark chocolate for decoration
- 20g white chocolate for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a biscuit tin, 35x25cm, with grease-proof baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the honey and bicarbonate of soda. Give a good stir.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together and add the melted butter to this. The mix may seem a bit dry, but persevere combining the ingredients, it comes together nicely.
- Press this into your prepared tin. Use the palm of your hand to make sure it is firmly pressed down.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden.
- Allow the mix to cool for 15 minutes before you cut into it. Mark the biscuits with your knife before you drizzle with chocolate, this makes it easier to cut and lift out.
- Melt the white and the dark chocolate. I cheat and do this in the microwave to save time and because the amounts are very small.
- Drizzle this over the crunchies, allow to set.
- This recipe makes about 20 biscuits.
- Delicious with a cup of tea or if you are my husband have them for breakfast with coffee!
- This recipe is gluten-free as I have used rice flour and potato flour. However, you can use the same quantity of normal cake flour.
Amanda In The Kitchen http://www.amandainthekitchen.com/