Banana chocolate cake
A delicious refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free cake filled with antioxidants and yumminess!
- 4 bananas mashed up
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of nut butter (almond or macadamia)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup of dark chocolate ( I used Cocofair 85% dark chocolate)
- Grease a round 22cm baking pan and line the base with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- In a large bowl combine the mashed banana, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla and the nut butter until well combined using an electric beater.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate. Make sure the pieces aren't too big.
- Pour this into the prepared baking tin and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool slightly in the pan before removing onto a wire rack.
- So Yum!
Amanda In The Kitchen http://www.amandainthekitchen.com/