“I’m going to have pancakes with a side of pancakes!”
Pancake day is everyday in my house and with a daughter who hates eggs, the challenge is on… This recipe is so quick and nutritious I literally whip them up in seconds and she loves them. They are diary free if not using cows milk, gluten and sugar free. I use gluten free oats. They have the most wonderful nutty flavour and can hold a filling very well. Other topping options would be a lovely berry coulis or freshly chopped berries and plums with a drizzle of something gooey.
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds
- 1½ cups of milk of your choice ( coconut, almond, cows milk)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Blend all of the following together. I use my NutriBullet but any good blender will do the trick.
- Heat a frying pan with a tiny little bit of coconut oil and pour in enough batter to make a round pancake. These babies take a little longer to cook then your standard pancake. Flip over when cooked and let it cook nicely on the other side.
- I filled these with stewed apple and apple butter, a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Delicious.
- These pancakes really are so quick you can whip them up for breakfast before school with no trouble, and slip a few into the lunch box as a treat